1. CCA is optional for all pupils with the implementation of the Modular Curriculum. Selected CCAs will be available for the P1 and P2 pupils to opt in. Specialised CCAs will be offered to identified P3 to P6 pupils through the Talent Identification Programme. Such pupils will be given letters of offer by the school and are strongly encouraged to join the respective CCAs to develop their talents and potential further.
2. Pupils in the sports school teams must participate in the CCAs for 4 years continuously.
3. Pupils in the Singapore Youth Festival groups such as choir, modern dance, Chinese dance and art elite group must participate in the CCAs for 2 years continuously.
4. Pupils who are not performing at a satisfactory level will be dropped from the CCA.
5. No change in CCA is allowed throughout the year unless there is a valid reason, for instance, medical condition supported by valid documentation.
6. Attendance at every CCA session is compulsory once pupils have accepted the letter of offer. If the pupil is unfit and absent from the CCA, only medical certificate will be accepted.
7. Pupils’ yearly participation in CCAs will be reflected in the School Cockpit System only if pupils attain at least 80% of the total attendance in the whole year.
8. Pupils must meet an average of 90% of CCA attendance for 3 years from Primary 4 to 6 in order for the school to write any referral letter for the child for the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise held at Primary 6.
The data for pupils who drop out of, change their CCA within the school year or are absent from CCA without valid reasons will be captured and reflected in their Holistic Report Card.
The information on pupils who default on their termly CCA payments during the entire school year will also be captured and reflected in their Holistic Report Card.
In addition, either one of the above categories will not be eligible for any referral letter or testimonial from school under any circumstances.