1. Thematic Book Displays and Termly Initiatives: In our library, we refresh our book displays and regularly update the library activities in line with exciting themes. Keep an eye out for new events. Check out the Library Announcement Board just outside the library!
BOOKS AND SEASONAL DISPLAYS
Thematic Display: CHINESE NEW YEAR
Thematic Display: BOOKOPOLY GAME
Thematic Display: BOOKFLIX
2. Library Periods: Students will have a library period weekly, where they may browse and borrow books under the supervision of their teachers.
3. Early Bird Book Sharing: Stuck wondering what to read? Eager to explore new genres? Look out for our sharing during the early bird slot (before morning assembly). Every term, we introduce new genres and recommend good reads for English and Mother Tongue languages. You may discover your next favourite book!
4. Adopt-a-book Corner:
We may grow out of a book, but a book can never be wasted. To encourage a culture of paying it forward and recycling responsibly, we ask that you donate your pre-loved books (in good condition!) to the Adopt-a-book corner in the canteen.
If you find a book there that you would like to read, you may help yourselves and adopt the book home!
5. Class Library: Each class has a curated selection of books for pupils to browse and borrow. These mini libraries are manned by our class librarians and loved by all!
6. School Librarians: These P4-P6 avid readers are student leaders in their own right. They help out in the school library with tasks such as shelving, maintaining order and recommending books.
7. P1-P2 Storytelling Sessions: We have scheduled storytelling sessions at the library for the little ones in during their recesses.
Story Telling Tickets For P1 & P2
8. Book Talk: We invite authors and NLB librarians to give book talks to share more about the different genres and entice pupils to read more widely.